Saturday, March 18, 2006

Recap of our first days here, and amazing t-shirt folding technique

posted by Joe Ardent @ 12:59 PM

Although today was our third day in New Zealand, it feels like we have been here for much longer. That feeling of timelessness has been aided by our having immediately started hanging out with friends: Christopher, Allen, and Clodagh. Day One featured many margaritas. Day Two (Saint Patrick's Day) featured work, a trapeze show, an Irish bar, a fancy dinner, and finally, a ride on the bungie rocket in the middle of downtown Wellington (click here for a movie that we made while riding on it last year), and then bed.

Today, Day Three, was a lot more chill. We woke up around 9, had a
complimentary breakfast on the 9th floor of the hotel, then lazed around
for a couple hours watching TV and looking at old videos of our cats
that Kris had taken last year while I was in New Zealand and she was at
home. Actually, I also did laundry. Once I brought my laundry back
into the room, my laundry hamper -- yes, I brought it from the States I decided to finally learn for myself how to fold a tshirt all fancy, since I've long thought that I folded them kind of like a retard. So, after watching the damn video like thirty times, I finally figured it out: TA-DA! (Kris filmed me doing that many hours after I re-folded all my shirts.) (Also, I do a couple extra folds at the end, due to the enormous size of my tshirts compared to the dainty Japanese lady in the reference video.)

Once I mastered it, I gathered up all the rest of my clean tshirts, along with my freshly-laundered ones, and folded them all according to the New Order.

nicely folded tshirts, all of them awesome

I was going to say something about the rest of the day, but upon reflection, it's just not interesting enough to read about. Though, Kris points out that we bought an X-Box today. It's not hooked up yet, but at least it's there, if we run out of other things to do for fun. Aww, who am I kidding? Nothing is more fun than video games!

And now, one final New Zealand tidbit! Tonight, New Zealanders "Fall back" one hour, and switch to Standard Time, since the Autumnal Equinox is in a couple days. This means that for the next 8 days, we'll be +1 day, -4 hours from the West Coast, and -6 hours from the Midwest. Next Sunday in the States, I believe, all y'all Spring ahead an hour, bringing our timezones 5 hours apart in the West, and 7 hours in the Midwest.

(I had to post this on the morning of our fourth day, because blogger was down last night.)

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 3:39 PM, Blogger nanavere said...

Joe, you are so funny! You write like you talk, I like that...

Your shirts look so well behaved it's ridiculous! They look like toys that have a a secret life of their own when you are not looking. I bet they talk in funny character voices like you.

Love,
Alana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home