Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First The Cheat, and now this?!?

posted by Joe Ardent @ 9:55 PM

Our car was just broken into, which entailed the breaking of the passenger window. They stole Kris's iPod, along with the power cables and tape adapter. Apparently, there is a kid around here with a reputation for crimes of this nature. I'll go to the police station tonight or tomorrow to fill out a report.

(Ironically, shortly before this happened, my officemate was poo-poohing my desire to live in a big city, such as San Francisco. "Crime!" he argued. "Crime's not that big a deal!" I countered. So, thank you, Universe, for giving me such a poignant chance to prove how zen I am! I am the zenest! Even if I slammed my fist on the roof of the car and screamed "FUCK!" loud enough to summon Allen from his office when I realized that Kris's iPod had been ganked.) (update: apparently, Allen was on his way out the door as soon as he saw the email sent company-wide that a car had been broken-into, and my scream did not summon him in fact. But it was loud enough to, thus I have not made a liar of myself.)

1 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Kris Ardent said...

Oooh. You've given me a great deal to think about. We're talking to insurance today about what's covered. Then I have to think long and hard about nana vs. mini vs. video or photo. WHAT TO DO?! What do you recommend?

THANK YOU! I'm so glad my iPod got stolen, cuz now I get one of those coveted apple discounts! It's like Christmas, but with more broken glass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home