Thursday, July 27, 2006

the universal appeal of flea and gnarls

posted by drspam @ 3:54 PM

wellington fun fact!

boy do new zealanders love the red hot chili peppers.

there is some pretty fantastic radio to be had here actually. well mostly it takes the form of one station: radio active. and part of what makes it all so good is that they actually recognize the value in musical variety. "theme" stations aren't as prevalent here, but even those are pretty good when it comes to deviation from the standard.

that said, basically every station i have listened to has played the red hot chili peppers more than once. in fact, for the first few weeks i was here, i never once heard a song repeated except for a handful of red hot chili peppers songs, which i heard over and over again, in venues of all sorts.

and, of course, "crazy" by gnarls barkley.

-f

1 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Cary Ann Rosko said...

I listen to radio very, very rarely and never watch MTV (unless I turn on the TV when TiVo is "suggesting" that I watch The Real World/Road Rules Challenge). This means that I still really, really like "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. In fact, I'd only heard it a few times and didn't know who sang it until a friend put it on a mix CD for me recently. This may be the last nail in my cultural aptitude coffin, the first hundred or so nails having been hammered in every time someone tried to text me and discovered that (*gasp!*) I don't text.

Of course, now "Crazy" is in my head. And I'm kinda cheery about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home