Thursday, August 03, 2006

Everything is Falling Into Place (Which Means It'll Probably All Fall Apart Soon)

posted by Kris Ardent @ 8:14 PM

So we have a new home we can start moving into on Monday. Vanessa arrives in Wellington tomorrow morning! We all go snowboarding in Wanaka next weekend. The cat paperwork is almost done and the cats should be able to fly out here on August 13th. (For the full story on The Cheat's capture and updated photos showing off his girth, click here. Thanks Nikhila!) Joe and I are going to San Francisco on August 25th for Burning Man. We leave SF on September 8th, arriving back in Wellington on the 10th. The cats should get out of quarantine on the 15th, the same day my parents arrive to visit from Carlsbad, CA. Hi parents! Then sometime around the end of September/beginning of October, I get to start training as a texture painter for Weta.

And to top it off, we bought a car today. I love it. It's a Holden Astra, whatever that is. You can probably still the pictures here. It's pretty. It's fast. It's got stereo controls on the steering wheel, although I haven't figured out how to use them yet. We're selling our 2-door Honda, if anyone is interested.

Yay! Must enjoy this day when everything is going my way! :D

3 Comments:

At 8/06/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger drspam said...

you pull on the buttons on the steering wheel! it confused me too.

I LOVE YOUR CAR. can i have it? i have a nice peugot 306 to replace it with, apparently they are worth exactly the same amount!

 
At 8/14/2006 2:27 PM, Blogger nanavere said...

Kreese, I left a message, but just in case it ddin't get to you.... just wanted to thank you again for the gifts! It was like a whole environment! The music, the cheese, the sweet quince spread and crackers, a delicious sweet treat~ thanks for spoilin me, my love.

Reminded me of that time we watched that movie in the hotub, the one with Giovanni Ribisi and Juliette Lewis, yeah you know the one, only we were eating figs and goat cheese underwater... and we were drunk.

 
At 8/17/2006 11:58 PM, Blogger Kris Ardent said...

HA HA! Figs in the hot tub! And The Other Sister, in which Giovanni Ribisi and Juliette Lewis play retards in love. So great. And then Miguel stayed in for 4 hours, pouring water over his head from a big plastic cup like a kid. O, memories!

Thanks for the car tips, Francisco. Just for that, maybe I'll let you drive it sometime. Maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home