Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Eeeaarrrtthhhquaaaaake!

posted by Kris Ardent @ 3:52 AM

This was my favorite lifetime earthquake so far. Just a gentle swaying that seemed to go on FOREVER. I felt like I was having some kind of inner ear problem, or a bad Flying Burrito Brothers Margarita Experience, but really it was just the earth shaking, gently. I had time to holler downstairs to Joe, "earthquake?" then wait a few seconds and say "earthquake!" again, followed by some discussion about whether or not it was an earthquake, while it continued to quake. Awesome.

No word on magnitude or anything, but I reported it to the New Zealand Geonet, like a good earthquake citizen. Hope no one died while I was celebrating how fun geology can be.

1 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Cary Ann Rosko said...

"Flying Burrito Brothers"? Oh man, do you mean to tell me that the Garcia's influence has transcended time and space all the way to 2006, New Zealand?!

Well, fuck---why not? I was just talking about Garcia's the other day. Specifically about how some employees got to dress up as flying tomatoes at the hot air balloon launch and the compromising positions people would put the Ralph and Joe dolls in. It would seem that once you put a fast food visor on, it fuses itself to your brain for all eternity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home