Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cats on a Plane

posted by Kris Ardent @ 5:21 AM

They're on a plane right now! Headed HERE! After many trials and tribulations, they finally have all their paper work and they'll be here at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Then they go jail for 30 days while New Zealand waits to see if they have diseases, which they DON'T. We're going to visit them on Sunday. Yay!

We moved into the new place on Monday. It is great. So pretty, the ocean, from my window in the morning. Yes! Morning! I saw it yesterday! I got up and faced the day and everything. Our new address, should you want to write a letter or some other such quaintness:

187 Marine Parade
Seatoun, Wellington 6022
New Zealand

Looks like we're going to go with "Marine Manor" for a house name, unless we come up something more compelling. So far, I've just been calling the place "Marine Parade" cuz having parade in the name is nice. Anyway, the guest room is ready to receive! We're going to Burning Man on 8/25, and then my parents will be here from 9/15-9/25, but the schedule is clear after that if anyone wants to make a booking! Living on the beach is lovely.

Today I slept 'til 11, before getting back to the work of stocking the house, setting up utilities and unpacking boxes. Then I went to stupid yoga, which is only stupid because after not doing it for a week, it was hard to do. I fell asleep in the final laying-down part. Sad.

I missed yoga for a week because we went to Wanaka (South Island) to go snow boarding. I lasted about 20 minutes before deciding that, yes, snowboarding still really hurts my back and my feet and I'm not going to do it any more. I spend the rest of the day reading, watching the iPod and drinking mochas with Amarulla in the lodge. Not a bad way to spend a day on a mountain. Next time I will ski.

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 1:52 AM, Blogger nanavere said...

you're a parade... both of you.

 
At 8/17/2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Kris Ardent said...

Yer a parade too, Alana. Just admit it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home