Friday, December 08, 2006

Why I've Been So Busy Lately

posted by Kris Ardent @ 6:38 PM

Last night, Brenda and I catered our first raw foods event for Bikram Yoga Wellington. We've been working our asses off for weeks, figuring out the menu, testing recipes, printing our own business cards (hand cut, for that "rustic" look we're going for) and working on the website so it would be ready for all the new customers we would get from this party.

Check out the two pages we've managed to cobble together, but no making fun of my sad little html skills:


As part of our business, we've teamed up with Excalibur Dehydrators to be their New Zealand distributor. When I got home last night, there was an email from an appliance company requesting our price list and delivery schedule, so they can place an order! Wha?! Seems Excalibur already has us listed on their distributors list! Crazy. This morning, I had a food order on my cell phone. Seems there may be something to this raw food.

We made 8 dishes for the party, but each one had multiple recipes comprising the whole dish. Holler if you want any recipes.

Almond-Tahini Hummus with Sliced Veggies and Sun-dried Tomato Crackers

Lasagna Roll - Zucchini "Noodle" Marinated in Lemon Juice and Olive Oil, Rolled with Sweet Sun-dried Tomato-Spinach Marinara Sauce and Pinenut Ricotta Cheese

Nachos - Flax Corn Chip Topped with Spicy Un-bean Dip, Guacamole and Cashew Sour Cream

Marinated Mushrooms Stuffed with Mushroom Walnut Pate & Pistachio Basil Pesto

"Salmon" Pate Made From Walnuts, Red Pepper and Celery Served on Cucumber Rounds, Topped with Dill

Thai Wraps filled with Mango, Carrots, Red Cabbage, Bean Sprouts, Basil, Cilantro, Mint and Almond-Ginger Dressing

Fruit Skewers are pretty sprinkled with fresh mint.

And finally, Coconut Cashew Divines - Dates, Cashews, Coconut, Vanilla and Agave Syrup

Now, the big sleep.

4 Comments:

At 12/09/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger madeleine said...

omg! Kris, that all looks so gorgeous and delicious! I'm drooling myself. I'd hire you in a heartbeat.

I've been a faithful reader ever since you guys started this most entertaining blog. I only got a blogger account sort of recently, which is why I haven't been commenting. heh.

 
At 12/09/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Stef said...

I am soooo salivating just looking! I want to ask for ALL the recipies...but instead, how about you guys just come to Portland, Oregon & cater, instead?! I mean, why enjoy summer in NZ when you can have a nice, dismal, rainy day in the Northwest?!
Miss you guys...
Hugs,
Stef

 
At 12/10/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger nanavere said...

Such talented artists! Everything looks so beautiful! I'm so proud of you, too!

xo

 
At 12/11/2006 10:01 AM, Blogger Cary Ann Rosko said...

Not to simply echo the previous four comments, but HOLY CRAP, are these beautiful! And how exciting that you're getting calls already! Awesome...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home