Thursday, May 18, 2006

That's right, I'm blogging my lunch. It's come to that.

posted by Kris Ardent @ 8:27 AM

We had a lot of leftover ingredients from sushi last night. I took them home, and today I made the best sushi bowl in all of history. Judge for yourself:

10-12:00 is edamame, 12-2:00 you can see a little bit of surimi crab (reconsituted white fish all dolled up to look like crab meat), 2:30-4 is avocado slices, 5-7:00 is inari (sweetened fried tofu stuffed with sushi rice), then some pea shoots and sliced mushrooms from 7-9:00. The center is blanched carrots, chives, red pepper, scallions and cucumber, all on a bed of sushi rice mixed with shredded nori (seaweed).

And see how I placed the chopsticks JUST SO for the photograph of my lunch?! See what I'm getting at, people?! I really need to just GET A JOB. It's 3:30 am and I'm watching Gray's Anatomy and BLOGGING MY LUNCH. Tomorrow, maybe we should talk a little about my current midlife crisis. But not until after my 90 minute massage in the afternoon. Oh, and I really should work on other strategies for selling Trina's car. And pick up some jalapeƱos for burrito day. And think some more about heading to the South Island for a few weeks. And I've also gotta pay some bills with Joe's money. Big day. I should probably rest up for it.

4 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 1:29 AM, Blogger nanavere said...

Now that's an explanation! Thank you my friend, nori is seaweed! Of course, it's not eggs...

 
At 5/19/2006 1:33 AM, Blogger nanavere said...

Wow, now I did not know inari was so fancy. You made that by scratch?

 
At 5/19/2006 1:37 AM, Blogger Kris Ardent said...

I slept through lunch to, in order to rest up for my massage. Difficult indeed!

I didn't make the inari, but I did buy it at the Asian market! I wouldn't even know where to begin to bring soybeans from beans, to tofu, to sweet fried pockets of tofu. I'm not sure anyone knows. The technology may be lost forever.

 
At 5/19/2006 1:41 AM, Blogger nanavere said...

OHMIGOD! Your answer appeared out of thin air!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home