Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Was Well For Almost 2 Months!

posted by Kris Ardent @ 11:59 PM

Tuesday after finishing my burrito duties, I collapsed in a heap of sinus pain, sore throat, fever etc. and slept for 18 hours. Then I spent the rest of the week holed up in the apartment feeling sorry for myself because I'm ALWAYS SICK. Then I realized that I haven't been sick since the Mold Incident in March, and that was almost 2 months ago! Way to go, staying healthy for so very long! Today (our Friday, USA's Thursday) I left the house for the first time, to buy some salmon and veggies in an attempt to bring myself back from the dead. I feel a little better, but my head is still all stuffed up, I'm sneezy, and I feel like I need numerous naps before I'll be ready for the world again.

Just in time, Aimee sent me a care package! So great! She sent me a copy of Bring It On on DVD (the best!), many ladybug-shapes chocolates, 3 single miss-matched socks (!), a pair of matched rainbow hospital-type socks with lady bugs on the toes (I'm sensing a lady-bug/sock theme to this box), a stick of Sure solid deodorant (they only have roll-on here: UCK), a whole bunch of Alba tropical skin and hair products and 3 US MAGAZINES. I'm so caught up on celebrity gossip it's not even funny. It was so nice to have everything I needed to really do this being sick correctly. Thanks Aimee! You rule!

Everyone is abandoning us, and Joe and I are clinging to each in trembling fear of loneliness. Trina left for London via the U.S. on Monday, after a kick-ass dancerific going away party on Saturday. Clodagh left for the South Island on Wednesday. She'll be gone for three weeks, but I'll be flying down to Christchurch on June 6th to join her for a week. Allen left for the U.S. today, where he'll be visiting Alinea in Chicago for one of their very last tastings containing foie gras. So tragic. Luckily, Francisco will be arriving in a few weeks, followed shortly by Christopher's return from yoga camp. So much movement in the world!

Joe and I have just made reservations to fly to Sydney for my birthday at the end of June. So exciting! A new whole new country, only a few hours away! If anyone has ever been to Sydney, I'd love to hear about the places we should visit. We'll be staying downtown (see directions to our hotel in the previous post) and will be doing a lot of wandering around on foot. I hear there's some kind of opera house there?

As for the cats, The Cheat is STILL on the loose and proving impossible to capture. We know he's safe, and being well fed, but everyone who manages to grab him gets rewarded with delightful cat scratches, which are well known to be sterile and never get infected. :D There's been talk of hiring a professional cat catcher, and I'm all for it, I'm just not sure such a thing exists. If anyone knows any tips for catching cats, please pipe up. He's even eluded the cat trap: walked right in, ate some food, and walked right out. That cat is MAGIC. I hear The Sneak is lonely and needy without him, but at least she's still in captivity.

3 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger nanavere said...

Kris Hunny,

Man, Mimi is a psychic or sumtin! How did she know that you were gonna need those socks and mags!

My poor lil Kreese. Why you gettin sick? I think it's the way your body releases stress. POOR BAYBAY. Now I know why you didn't make it to the socks convention last weekend!

I made you a mixed CD, and now I want to put some more stuff togther for you. Any special requests? What you want? Top Ramen? Fruit-Roll-ups? Toothpaste? Robotussin? Huh?

I love you so so much!!

Nan

 
At 5/27/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger nanavere said...

Who's David? Mimi, you're funny, now don' go apologizing for sending lots of lady bugs. I mean shit, Kris is the one that wore a giant lady bug body suit. And, yes, we all knew about the frog memo. But we didn't get a lady bug memo as far as I know. The funny thing is, when Mimi was making the care package for Kris and she got all excited about it, I got excited too, and started thinking, hmmm "Do I have any lady bug stuff to give Kris. Ha! Ha!

 
At 5/27/2006 7:51 PM, Blogger Kris Ardent said...

David Spade! He's dating Heather Locklear, after her split from Richie, who is now dating Denise, because she is divorcing Charlie. See how much I've learned?!

I love the ladybug stuff. No memo necessary. Keep it coming! And the socks! And any themed care packages! Themes are awesome, no matter what the theme! Somebody send me a Denise Richardson box! I don't care! Mail is rad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home