Saturday, August 26, 2006

Coming to America...TODAY!

posted by Kris Ardent @ 3:04 AM

We arrived in San Francisco. It is amazingly beautiful here. The weather is perfect here, and I am drawing in life force just from being in the area. I forgot how much better this place is than any other place in the world, right up until the point that we drove out of the airport with the windows down, make hand-birds flying along the freeway. Good day.

We dropped our stuff off at Jonathan's, where he was make last minute preparations for Burning Man. THANK YOU FOR HOSTING US!!! Then we drove around, ran errands, had some Ghiradelli chocolate and then had dinner at Steps of Rome in North Beach. I am bone tired. Slept for a good chunk on the plane, which was most unusual. I was trying to watch "She's the Man," a movie about a girl who tries to pass as a teenage boy so she can play soccer. Even this was too awful for me. I woke myself up more than once from my own plane-snoring. Yes, I was that woman.

Tomorrow, we're shopping for Burning Man supplies, having dinner with Nikhila and Jeff (just the first taste of the many gratitudinal gestures we must bestow upon them over the next couple of years) and then a party at JP and Rene's so we can see a collection of SF friends. Nice! So much to do here! Probably won't be hearing from me for a while, unless I find some blogging station at Burning Man and can't resist. We'll be back in the "real" world on Monday the 4th, in Napa Monday and Tuesday nights (dinner at French Laundry on Tuesday!!!!), and then we'll be staying with Aimee and Tony for our last two nights in town. Busy busy busy! Hope to see EVERYONE possible in the short time we're here. Rest assured, we'll be back here eventually, probably to live here forever, because it's RAD.

How come no one comments on the blog anymore? I feel like I'm typing into the abyss!
I'm available by cell phone if anyone feels like calling long distance: 011 64 27 286-6333. Joe's is 011 64 27 335-1410. See you soon!

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 12:13 AM, Blogger Stef said...

I am still reading! Remember us? Long lost Jaya & Stef? I am loving your blog, except, it makes me miss Wellington. Yeah, yeah, SF is great & all, but hell, I'm not there! I'm in IDAHO! Humph.
Anyhow, I don't know if we count as 'the abyss' or if it helps to know at least we are still checking in! LOVE your new house...LOVE the updates on your adventures in the South Island... and looking forward to hearing how y'all enjoy Burning Man! Stay in touch, friends!
Love,
S + J

 
At 8/28/2006 1:45 PM, Blogger nanavere said...

"I like blogs"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home